|Name of moth group||Montgomeryshire Moth Group|
|Number of members||10+|
|When was the group founded?||2006|
|Features on the website that may particularly interest visitors||1)
‘County lists’, both macro- and micro-moth species.
2) ‘Events area’, giving information on both current and past events.
3) ‘Stop Press’ containing new county records & other notable records.
4) ‘What’s flying now’ page available for every month of the year.
5) ‘Species distribution’, a useful page,showing records for every 10k grid square throughout the county.
6) ‘Blog area’, where users can chat on mothing related issues.
|Contact details for enquiries|
|Is there a cost to join the group?||No|
|How is information fed back to members?||E-mail and blog.|
|Is there an active field events programme and are non-members welcome to attend these events?||There is an annual programme of field events and anyone is welcome to attend them.|
|A brief summary of the work of the group.||1)
To enlighten the general public about moths and to show them some of the
varied and beautiful species we have in the county.
2) To hold events in areas that have had very little or no recording done before, giving us a greater knowledge of species distribution.
3) To rediscover those species that have previously been recorded in the county, but have not been seen for many years, i.e. target species.
4) To encourage more people to get involved with recording moths.
5) To play a part in the ongoing battle for wildlife in general.
County Moth Recorders
Peter Williams, Pandy, Commins Coch, Machynlleth, Powys, SY20 8LG
Tel: 01650 511583
South Wales (West, Mid and South
Glamorgan, Gwent, Dyfed and Southern Powys)
6 Tai Canol, Llangorse, Brecon, Powys, LD3 7UR
Tel: 01874 658453
& Normal Lowe
County Recorder – Anne Coker
Mountain Grove, Clarbeston Road, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA63 4SG
Tel: 01437 563 566
< Back to map