Due to problems with unwanted spammers in the last year we have increased security on the Flight Arrivals page. To post news if you must be registered as a member of the site. This is a very easy process and will only take a couple of minutes. After you have received the password by email it is possible to change to one of your choice by clicking on ‘My Account’. Once a member then you will be required to log in each time you want to post news. It will still be possible to view news without logging in. Thanks for your co-operation and your continued support of the site is appreciated.
The function of this page is to facilitate a rapid exchange of information, allowing other recorders to pick up on trends and encourage further recording. Please post news and photos of migrant butterflies, moths and dragonflies. The site may also be used to post extra-limital records of resident species that may relate to immigration, but we would urge caution in naming sites where a resident population may be present.
To view news or report sightings to flight arrivals click here or the logo above
Please feel free to post your photos. Files must not exceed 2000kb.
We would ask recorders to follow these guidelines:
- Please think carefully before submitting information to this page. Will it cause problems with landowners/site managers? Is the species sensitive to human pressure? If in doubt just give the county/area rather than the site of the record.
- Though this page is regularly monitored, in the interests of making news available quickly information is not validated before it appears here. Inevitably this means that inaccurate information will appear from time to time. It is therefore important that information is not published without prior validation.
- For moth-trapping records please give the date the trap was switched on rather than the morning after.
- Please avoid swamping the site with reports of small numbers of common immigrant species when these species are appearing on a daily basis.
- Submitting information to this site is no substitution for sending your data to the county recorder. For a list of county moth recorders click here
- Atropos reserves the right to withdraw any information from this site without prior notice.
- Atropos cannot accept any responsibility or liabilities from information appearing on this page.
To post your message click here or the logo above.